When you have long-term income goals, owning a rental property on the Big Island is a great way to add to your wealth. What’s better at generating income than one rental property? Owning multiple Kona properties.
Many of our property owners don’t live on the Big Island. If you’ve purchased a property as your vacation home—or you’re using your property as a long-term rental for Hawaii residents until you retire—you already know the benefits of owning rental property here.
When you’re ready to grow your portfolio, make sure you have the resources in place. Choosing your next investment property in Kona requires research and the services of an expert property manager in Kona to make sure you see a profit from your portfolio.
Find Your Ideal Partner
Rental properties are a lucrative way to earn income without any specialized training or experience. Investment property income is truly passive—but only when you hire a property management company to handle every detail.
The best Kona property managers know everything there is to know about the rental market here. Partnering with the right property managers means you gain a team that works for your financial goals. They understand how to make the local market increase your profits.
What does that mean? When a property manager manages your portfolio, they work for you.
- They’ll understand how to maintain your properties according to best practices on the Big Island.
- They’ll know how to screen and place the best tenants in your properties.
- They’ll handle everything from property inspections to collecting the rent—so you don’t lose money on repairs or delayed rent payments.
- They’ll provide financial reports to help you track your progress toward your financial goals.
Managing rental properties is more than making sure the house stays standing and collecting the rent every month. Your investment properties play a fundamental role in your long-term wealth. The best Kona property managers listen to your goals and help you create a property portfolio that provides the profits you need.
Don’t Add Just “Any” Property
A significant part of building a profitable portfolio is choosing the right properties. Real estate can be scarce on the Big Island; just because a property becomes available doesn’t mean you should snap it up for your portfolio.
When a property manager understands your goals, they’ll help you find the best properties to add to your portfolio.
- The wrong properties can delay your income.
- You could lose money on a rental house that needs too much work or isn’t attractive to renters.
Adding more properties to your portfolio requires thinking like a renter and a business owner. You might have a property in mind for your future home on the Big Island, but until you live there, it needs to generate money from tenants.
Property managers have no personal connection to your properties: they understand that your next investment property needs to add profit to your bottom line. With that perspective, your property manager can apply their local expertise.
- What do Kona renters want? Unless you live here, it’s tough to know what renters look for in a rental home. We know what they want—and how to make it happen through your property—without blowing your budget.
- What does your rental property need? From salt spray to the wind—and everything in between that can damage your Big Island rental property—your local property manager knows what to do and when to do it. Preventive and ongoing maintenance for your rental property ensures that it’s in excellent condition for renters, and you when you’re ready to stay in your property.
- What is the right rental price? Your Kona property managers know how to price your rental to stay competitive and attract the right tenants. The monthly rental price sets the tone for marketing the property and screening tenants. Plus, when you work with experts to analyze and price your property, you’ll earn the profit you need from each property in your portfolio.
Your expert property manager in Kona understands your financial goals: If a property can’t meet the standards needed to grow your wealth, your property manager should encourage you to keep looking for a better property. It’s never worth it to add the wrong property to your portfolio.
Build Your Portfolio with Peace of Mind
If you’re worried about your rental properties, you’re not enjoying the “passive” aspect of these profits! Your Kona property manager should help you build your portfolio with your peace of mind in mind. Then, when you’re ready to enjoy your Kona property, your Hawaiian dream will be waiting for you!
Hawaiian Dream Properties are the experts you need to add investment properties to your portfolio—without adding any hassle. We’ll find the best properties for your investments, and we’ll manage the property to provide a wonderful home for your tenants.