Owning a second home in beautiful Hawaii is a treat. You can enjoy the luxury of sparkling, pristine beaches and year-round mild temperatures whenever you’re ready for a vacation. However, you want to ensure your Kona home is maintained during the times when you’re not there.
It wouldn’t be much of a vacation if you arrived at your property only to discover that a leaky faucet had damaged your floor or someone had vandalized the property! That’s why Hawaiian Dream Home Watch is ideal for your home. At Hawaiian Dream Home Watch, we ensure that your property is watched and cared for while you’re away; then, when you arrive for some rest, everything will be in perfect order.
What Should Home Watch Services Cover in Kona?
You may be wondering:
- Just what does Hawaiian Dream Home Watch do while you’re not there?
- How far can we go to watch your home?
- Do they only watch the house—or are there more services available?
The great thing about Hawaiian Dream Home Watch is our flexibility. We can do quite a bit to keep on top of all of your property’s needs and issues. What if you prefer a minimal amount of service? We work with homeowners to provide as much or as little care as they need to protect your Hawaiian Dream! Let’s take a look at the main categories of what a reliable home watch service in Hawaii should cover.
1. Your Kona Property’s Exterior
Your home watch professional should complete a thorough inspection of the outside of your home. Key examples of what they should check on include:
- Driveway and entryway: check the driveway and entryway for any newspapers, phone books, and/or packages—and bring them inside, if needed.
- The exterior of the home: check the perimeter of the house for signs of storm damage or vandalism.
- Windows and doors: make sure all the windows and doors are closed and locked.
- The yard: ensure the lawn, shrubs, and trees look appropriate.
- Garage: check the garage to make sure there isn’t any storm damage, vandalism, or pest issues.
- Pool or spa: If the property has a private pool or spa, then the pool pump will be assessed to ensure it’s in good working condition. An expert home watch service on the Big Island will also inspect to make sure there are no abnormal sounds or water leaks, check the water level, and the cleanliness of any pools or spas.
2. The Interior of Your Kona Vacation Home
When you work with Hawaiian Dream Home Watch, your dedicated home watch professional will also go inside your house and do some investigating to make sure your Kona vacation home is in peak condition. Here are some crucial elements they’ll inspect once inside:
- Your A/C system: Your home watch professional will ensure the thermostat is working correctly—they will also replace any batteries and air filters if needed. As a dedicated home watch service in Kona, we can even set your thermostat(s) and humidistat(s) to requested settings, if applicable. If you’d rather control your thermostats remotely, then no one will change the settings. They’ll simply make sure the A/C is blowing cold air.
- Breaker box: We’ll inspect the breaker box for any tripped breakers and ensure the system is working correctly.
- Water heater: As beautiful as the weather is in Kona, ending the day with a relaxing bath on the Big Island isn’t possible without a functioning water heater. When you work with Hawaiian Dream Home Watch, we make sure the water heater is at the appropriate setting while you’re away: electric breakers should be flipped off while gas water heaters can be put on low, vacation, or pilot.
- Sinks and tubs: Running water in all the sinks and tubs to make sure there are no problems is one way we keep a close eye on your Kona vacation home. Hawaiian Dream Home Watch goes the extra mile: we will also do a check on your sink disposal(s) and check for any leaks—property-wide.
- Ice maker: Checking your ice maker is part of the Hawaiian Dream Home Watch commitment to attention to detail. We make sure the ice maker is off! Keeping your ice maker in good shape is necessary for the overall health of your freezer. A damaged ice maker can also put a damper on your vacation plans.
- Toilets: Your home watch professional will go through the house and flush all toilets to ensure the water doesn’t get stagnant. Also, if necessary, we’ll do some light cleaning to remove water stains in the toilet bowl.
- Doors and windows: We’ll check to make sure all doors and windows are closed and locked, and inspect interior locks for damage.
- Ceilings: When it comes to storm season in Hawaii, this is a big one. We’ll check all the ceilings throughout the house, including the closets for visible water stains and/or leaks.
- Mold inspection: Yep, we still get mold on the Big Island. We’ll check your Kona vacation home for any visible signs of mold or unusual odors.
- Insect and rodent inspection: A visual inspection of the property for signs of insect and rodent infestations makes certain your trip to paradise won’t be shared with unwanted guests.
3. Extra Services for Peace of Mind
It’s always convenient to have a service that goes above and beyond when needed. When you’re a thousand miles away from your slice of paradise, attention to detail can make the difference between a dream vacation and a nightmare.
- A thorough vehicle check: if you have a vehicle in the garage that you would like checked, that’s no problem. We’ll perform a visual inspection of the vehicle to make sure nothing looks amiss as well as check the battery maintainer. Additionally, your home watch professional will even start up your vehicle if you’d like a performance report. Do you think your vehicle would benefit from a short drive around the block to keep it primed and ready for your next visit? That’s not a problem, either.
- Lānai inspection: We can ensure that every part of the lānai is in good condition, including the ceiling, walls, floor, and screening.
You may be wondering: what happens if something is out of order when Hawaiian Dream Home watch performs your inspections? We thoroughly document the issue, take pictures, and notify you promptly. If it’s something simple that we can correct on our own, we will! We know peace of mind matters when it comes to your Kona vacation home: when you work with Hawaiian Dream Home Watch, your property is in good hands.
If you own a vacation home in Kona, then we’d love to hear from you. If you’re curious about what level of service you can expect from us, download a sample of our detailed inspection report!